Sunday, September 4, 2011

I love my kids!

 Month two has been a lot easier. In part because I have accepted the change that was necessary to make day to day living enjoyable. I accept that one or both kids may melt down at the same time. I accept that Angela may or may not get a nap, and it's not going to be at the same time every day. I purchased a "Good Nite Light" for Angela - it's a blue moon when it's time to go to bed and it stays blue till 6:30 and then it turns into a yellow sun. I realized that letting her get up before then not only made her really cranky, but myself as well.

Angela is still a big fan of her little brother... she wants to have him sit on her lap, she wants to hug and kiss him, and she still points him out to people when they come over "baby! baby! Cam!" Yesterday she thought she was doing a good thing by taking one of his black & white books and putting it on his head... which I ofcourse responded with a no, we don't put books on the baby's head. Instead I suggested that she read him the book - so she sat down in front of him, opened the book and started pointing to the pictures and telling him what they were (melt). Later, he because a little slumped over in his swing and I heard her go "ehh ehh" and tried to reposition him so he was sitting upright (melt, again!). So sweet. We are gearing Angela up for her 2nd birthday. Now when we ask her how old she'll be in September she shouts a very enthusiastic "two" and puts up a finger from each hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment